- Wide range of GL Approved standard pipe sizes from 50 through 375mm.
- Easy to drop within the bolt ring when connecting hoses.
- Complete with joints and sample flow valve.
Fuel Drip Bunker Samplers
The most common and economic means of obtaining a representative bunker fuel sample is by using a drip sampler. Parker Kittiwake drip / line bunker fuel samplers will be found on thousands of ships worldwide and are:
- GL & Lloyds Register approved with certificate numbers etched on the flange, GL Certified for MARPOL compliance
- IMO MARPOL 73/78 Annex VI compliant - helps you stay within the legal requirements for bunker fuel sampling
- Lightweight and very easy to install - obtaining a representative bunker fuel sample is quick and easy
- Complete with bunker fuel sampler Joint Rings
How to Select the Correct Size of Drip Type Bunker Sampler
Click the images for large diagrams to help with the following calculations.
- A = Pitch Circle Diameter
- B = Nominal Pipe Size
- C = Bolt Hole Diameter
Calculation : X = A-C : Select the nearest size Bunker Sampler with an OD smaller than X and an inner diameter larger than the Nominal Pipe Size (B).
Example : Pitch Circle Diameter (A) = 290 mm Bolt Hole Diameter (C) = 23 mm Nominal Pipe Size (B) = 200 mm: (X) 267 = 290 (A) - 23 (C)
Therefore the correct Bunker Sampler would be FG-K1-128-KW (8” Bunker Sampler), which has an OD of 266 mm and an inner diameter of 221 mm. The OD is smaller than X (the space between the flange bolts), yet the ID is larger than the nominal pipe size (B), so that fuel flow is not impeded. See chart below for guidance to Bunker Sampler sizes.