- Easily used by ships maintenance staff right out of the box
- Instant indication of condition for motor bearings, gears, compressors, slewing rings, hoists, winches...
- Plan maintenance and have the spares available on time. Minimise off-hire and demurrage.
On-Line Ferrous Wear Debris Sensor
The Total Ferrous Wear Debris & Particle Sensor from Parker Kittiwake goes beyond the normal chip detectors and magnetic plugs. It provides contamination analysis which you can monitor in real-time, equipping you with the information needed to take immediate action on the first indication of contamination. It goes beyond the normal protection systems and helps prevent failure, not just catastrophic failure.
The sensor can be mounted within any lubrication system on any type of machine and measures ferrous density, resulting from the wear debris within the lubricant, using a combination of proven magnetometry, combined with smart algorithms to provide contamination analysis data in Parts Per Million (ppm). With both digital and analogue outputs, it can be easily integrated into existing Condition Monitoring and operating control systems.
Whether it’s to check on the health of the machine, or an alert of changing wear debris analysis and particle patterns, the Total Ferrous Debris Sensor provides instant information, complementing your existing laboratory oil analysis programme and helping you make informed maintenance planning decisions.
- Robust cast iron enclosure provides strength and magnetic shielding
- Air Blast or Piston versions available for use in multitude of applications
- 1/8” BSP connections for quick and easy installation
- Sealed to IP65 suitable for industrial use
- Reference coil for controlled temperature stability
- LED display providing a visual indication of sensor status
- Wide range of interface options due to variety of industry standard outputs