Privacy and Cookies
The following policy sets out how Kittiwake Developments Ltd (‘we’), the trading name of Kittiwake Developments Ltd, uses and protects any information that you provide when using this website www.kittiwake.com.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and can assure you that whenever you provide information by which you could be identified, it will only be used in accordance with this policy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time and would therefore advise you check this page for updates on a regular basis.
This policy is effective from 7th Sep 2012.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. Once the user closes their browser, the cookie simply terminates. For instance, by setting a cookie on our site, the user would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our site.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
By using our website (through any device) you agree that this Cookies Policy applies to that use, in addition to any other terms and conditions which may apply.
We reserve the right to make changes to our Cookies Policy. Any such changes shall appear here and become effective immediately. Your continued use of our websites is taken as meaning that you agree to any such changes.
Our website does not capture or store personal information in cookies, but merely logs the user’s IP address which is automatically recognised by the web server. This is used to record the number of visitors to our site.
Strictly Essential Cookies
We sometimes use what is called a ‘Session Cookie’ when a user visits our website. This tracks essential information entered by the user in any form. Examples of Session Cookies are:
- Add items to a Trolley
- Entering your details in a Contact Form
- Entering details for Billing and Delivery
- Completing Questionnaires
- Logging into a User Account
Other Cookies may include any of the following:
- Add This bar
- Share a Page applications
- Google Analytics
- Google +
- Google adverts
- RSS feeds
- Booking applications
- Callback applications
- Helpdesk / Instant Chat applications
This list is not exhaustive and other cookies may be applied to our website at any time.
Removing and disabling cookies:
If you do not wish to accept cookies on to your machine you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. However this will affect the functionality of the websites you visit.
Information Collection and Use:
We are the sole owner of the information collected on this website.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
The information you provide helps us to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. It also assists with
- Internal record keeping.
- Improving our products and services.
- Keeping you informed and up-to-date about developments, new products and special offers.
- Market research.
We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding and securing the information we collect online, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to easily access other websites of interest. However, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address below or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we believer may be of interest to you.
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee is payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: 3-6 Thorgate Road, Littlehampton, West Sussex, BN17 7LU, UK
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.